The Indie Book Awards celebrates talented Australian writers by awarding prizes in the following categories: fiction, non-fiction, debut fiction, children’s and young adults. One of the category winners is given the Indie Book Award for the year. This year's winner is Jane Harper, with her book 'The Dry'.
The Faculty of Society and Design librarian Rachel Peate has added all titles from the 2017 short list to the library’s collection and they’re currently gathered at the front of the library, ready for you to borrow.
Here’s the short list and winners from the categories of fiction, non-fiction and debut fiction for 2017:
- The Good People by Hannah Kent
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- Where the Trees Were by Inga Simpson
- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith (Category winner)
- The Hate Race by Maxine Beneba Clarke
- Ghost Empire by Richard Fidler
- Fight Like a Girl by Clementine Ford
- Everywhere I Look by Helen Garner (Category winner)