Love your library on 14 February
Move over St Valentine’s because 14 February is also Library Lovers’ Day and we are celebrating.
Library Lovers’ Day is a chance for everyone to connect with the library and share the library love. Do you love the Library? Visit today and pick up a 'blind date' book or DVD. Or make a 'date' with your faculty librarian for a personal consultation to help find library resources, to get advice managing your research data, or ask how they can help you become an Endnote wizard.
The Library Lovers' Day initiative, coordinated by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), aims to raise the profile of the services which libraries offer. Here are some numbers about Bond University Library that might surprise you.
- 10 extracurricular Library workshops accredited for Beyond Bond points. Check our news and events on the website for upcoming workshops.
- 3000+ students attended our workshops in 2016
- 1 million plus visits to the Multimedia Learning Centre, Main and Law Libraries last year
- 850,000 full text downloads worldwide from epublications @ bond our institutional research repository in 2016
- 1.6 million plus prints from the self-service printers in the libraries and multimedia learning centre in the last year
- 200,000 plus ebooks available - approximately 41% of all the books we purchased last year were ebooks