Resources such as textbooks, journal articles, book chapters and other readings for your subject are made available either in the Library’s Reserve Collection, General Collection or in your subjects Resource List.
Resource Lists dynamically present resources and can be accessed from the 'Resource List' link in iLearn subject sites. Educators, students and librarians can collaborate in the creation, management, and evaluation of readings and other resources. Resource Lists provide great benefits for students:
- Consistent student experience
- View all subject resources in one place
- Accessed directly from the subject site in iLearn
- No need to log in a second time to access the Library's subscription content
- Students can actively engage with the list by commenting, 'liking' and suggesting resources
- Access ebooks, articles, websites and digitised readings directly from the list – no need to find them in Library Search or a database first
- Keep private notes about readings
Find out how to get started with a Resource List for your subject.
Online resources and accessible formats
Book chapters, journal articles and other resources digitised by the Library are made available in Resource Lists. If the digitised reading is not suitable for your screen reader, please ask a librarian for assistance with alternative formats.
Past exam papers may be available in iLearn if they have been approved for release in the relevant Faculty.
Reserve collections are maintained in both the Main and Law Libraries. 3 hour loans and 7 day loans are available in the Reserve Collection in the Law Library and in the Main Library 3 hour loans are available in the Reserve Collection with 7 day loans found in the General Collection. The collections include textbooks and audiovisual items recommended by lecturers.
To find textbooks in Library Search select 'Reserve' from the drop-down menu and type in any of the following:
- book title
- subject name or code
- lecturer's name
Tip: Use the 'Map it' button to find where the item is located in the library.