Assistance with getting your research and other scholarly works published, communicated and included in government reporting is available from the Library, along with copyright and other licensing information.
Research data management
Research data is increasingly being recognised as a valuable asset and a valid research output. Some journals, particularly in the sciences are starting to require that data be made available to support the research conclusions. Sharing of data is being required as a condition of some research funding and this is likely to increase. The Library can help with:
- Publishing data sets and descriptions in epublications@bond for open access and long-term preservation and discovery
- Recommendations for discipline-specific data repositories
- Describing data sets for inclusion in services such as Research Data Australia for wider discovery
- Practical advice and templates for a research data management plan
Need a strategy for your research data?
Get practical advice and templates for your research data management plan. Your plan will cover all the important aspects.
Open access publishing
The Bond University Open Access Policy (USP 1.04) has been in place since October 2013. The Policy specifically addresses the University's support of Green and Gold Open access research publications, e-publications@bond and funder requirements. Reasons for adoption of this policy include the benefits of Open Access in:
- raising your online presence leading to increased visibility, exposure, and impact of your research through expanded readership.
- providing free online access to peer-reviewed research. You are not limited by institutional subscriptions to a defined group of journals.
- increasing public visibility of research being undertaken at Bond University as it facilitates and reveals research activity, knowledge-sharing, and innovation.
Open access support
Open access & scholarly publishing guide
Find out more about green and gold models, author rights, funder policies and the role repositories in open access scholarly communication and publishing.
The Library works closely with Research Services and the Faculty Research Development Managers on the continuous collection and reporting of research publications data both internally for Research Activity Reports and in line with Commonwealth government reporting obligations.
Bond University Press
Bond University Press aims to publish and promote high quality publications by Bond University staff. The Press has been publishing since 2003.
Submissions are not currently being sought.